12 September 2005

Workout w/ Tom @ Shake's

Today I had a workout with Tom Ross (house pro at Shakespeare's in Denver, Colorado). Tom is a dear friend of mine and agreed to get together with me to help me get ready for the upcoming tournament this weekend. Before I spent my year working with The Monk, Tom and I were working together.

I learned a valuable thing today... I learned the importance of not "over-practicing." Often times, it's so easy (at least for me, anyway) to practice for hours and hours and hours. I have even practiced until I couldn't see the balls anymore.

Today, Tom explained to me how important it is to make sure I leave my practice on a good note. Do what I set out to do and once I've done it - quit! Far too often, I want to practice so much and for long that I reach that high (of dead-strokeness) and just let it slip right by me because I overworked myself. It makes so much sense to stop while you're ahead.

It's like sitting down at a blackjack table and walking away while you're ahead. Ideally, we don't want to sit there and lose all our money back that we worked so hard to win.

Thank you, Tom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home