13 September 2005

Practice at Shake's again tonight.

Tonight I went to Shakespeare's again & hung out w/ Tom while Chisolm was playing in the Straight Pool league. I feel like I played very well and I feel pretty ready for this weekend.

Dave Hughes has been working w/ Megan Minerich and told me he wanted me to practice w/ her. I love playing with Megan. It really brings my game up and I'm so flattered that he would ask me.

Later, we went to Table Steaks East and I ran 100 balls (just throwing 15 balls on the table and shooting them off in any order). I felt great. I was relaxed and confident. I had one miscue that I let myself reshoot and made, but that was it. There was some creepy old guy trying to take my picture and my friend Nate (the door guy) came over and told him to leave me alone. When I turned around to shoot, I saw the flash go off from behind me. What a creep!

Sept. 16 - I'm sorry. I should've specified... I just wanted to clarify that the "creep" that was trying to take my photo was not a creep for taking my photo. He was a creep because 1. He appeared to be entoxicated and was chasing the poor server around with his camera after she asked him to please not take her picture. 2. He was standing about 2 feet from me while I was trying to shoot and had complete and utter disregard for my practice. 3. He lied to Nate. When Nate asked if he had permission to take my picture, he said "Yes. I just talked to her." which was not true. These three reasons (and maybe more) are what made him a creep. I welcome any appreciator of this sport to respectfully photograph the game and the players (with permission, of course). But, they do not allow flash photography in the pro arenas for a reason, but just having a flash in my eyes was the least of my concerns with this man.

I've been so busy working on my book lately that I haven't been training as much as I normally would. Somehow, it's been working for me. Tom says that a race horse does not train just days before a big race; he relaxes and prepares. If that's me, I've definitely been preparing. I will be playing at the Shakespeare's Tuesday night tournament tomorrow night. It's one of the toughest in town and I am looking forward to it.

If anyone is reading this, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home