20 December 2006

0 for 2 in TV & Movies - at least I still have the MUSIC!

While at the video store the other day, we were about to rent SawII when we saw (no pun intended) it was for sale (previously viewed) for the same price, $3.99. So, we bought it instead. We watched it last night and I was so distracted by how old former NKOTB, Donnie Wahlberg, looked. He looked decades older than his brother Marky Mark, whom at the time I thought was his older brother but as it turns out, Donnie is two years older than Mark. However, he looks MUCH more than two years older. Anyway, I didn't even know he acted, or, was in movies, rather. Not much to say for his acting job, especially since I'm a huge Mark Wahlberg fan.

The rest of the movie was just okay. I was happy that it wasn't as scary as the first one. The token meathead guy was pretty annoying but it was mildly entertaining nonetheless.

That was last night.

On Sunday night, we watched the season finale of Survivor Cook Islands. It's finales like these that make me wish Chisolm had never turned me onto reality shows. It was yet another disappointing ending to an exciting season where one survivor, Ozzy, was clearly the ultimate survivor and got completely screwed! Yes, Yul played a smart game, but Ozzy, more than last year's Terry (who also got screwed!) or season 10's Tom completely dominated every single challenge.

Anyway, we felt Ozzy was very clearly the ultimate survivor. He was like a fish in water and a monkey on land. He won every single challenge for himself and his team and not by a little but by a landslide every time. We were disgusted when they read the tie-breaking vote for Yul. We couldn't even believe it was that close! I'm all for my own peeps doin' succeeding, but Ozzy really deserved to win. It was very disappointing. Well, I'm sure there's lots of behind the scenes stuff that we don't know about. I don't care! He was still the obvious winner in our book! Not to mention, Yul is an attorney. He doesn't need that money more than a 24-year-old waiter that wants to use it to further his education.

Okay! That's enough on that!

I'm currently listening to my own playlist of a delightful Christmas medley, including songs from Elton John's Christmas Party. If you have not yet checked it out, some of my personal favorites are Rufus Wainwright's Spotlight on Christmas, the classic Pretender's 2000 Miles, and Elton's Calling it Christmas (featuring Joss Stone).

Oh! And while we're on the subject, don't forget to check out Merry Christmas From The Family by Rosie O'Donnell & the Dixie Chicks (one of my personal favorites). I know. Strange combination but it's from Rosie's Another Rosie Christmas. Anyway, it's HEEEEEEE-larious!

I Heart Christmas Music!!!

I know... I'm a dork... :S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home