19 March 2007

Upside Down

What's happening??!? What a strange weekend?

I wasn't going to write about all of this but I just got off the phone and it seems that another friend of mine is expecting yet another unexpected circumstance.

On Friday night, during the tournament, I received two phone calls from my two closest friends. I missed the first one and received a voicemail from my friend who is breaking up with her long-time boyfriend. It was a tough message to listen to and unfortunately, I didn't get the message until prettty late.

The next call was from my other friend who had broken his ankle. He was calling from the hospital and I spoke with his mom. He has since undergone surgery and I can't wait to get home to him.

Lastly, just minutes ago, I received another call from my dear, dear long-time friend, who is like a father figure to me. He's undergoing another surgery. I was with him during his first one and this one is completely unrelated.

What a strange thing to have so many loved ones going through such painful things all at the same time. Is it a full moon out? Are there more of you out there that are hurt or feeling pain? I am so sad when I think of each of them and the worst part of it all is that I'm over 1,000 miles away and can't do anything about it.

Must leave room to check out and head to airport now. Can't wait to get back to my own bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home