29 March 2008

The Institution of Marriage

My good friends from Mile 9, formerly Table Steaks East, Dave & Caroline got married tonight. As I sat through the ceremony and observed all the traditional wedding day quirks, I realized how far I've come over the past year.

Mainly, seeing how happy Dave & Caroline are together and being around dear friends helped to relieve my utterly revolting feelings for the concept of marriage. In fact, for the first time in the past year, all the wedding day details were in my face and I didn't completely vomit in my mouth.

I'm so lucky and happy I'm not married to the wrong man right now. I'm so thankful I'm not in the process of planning a wedding to marry the wrong man. I'm so fortunate I was able to realize and accept it.

Oddly enough, these feelings all came as I sit two rows away from my actual ex-fiancee and his unimpressive blond girlfriend.

I'm glad I'm me. And, I'm happy to be free...

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM , Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

"unimpressive"!

I love it!

How about a photo of her, so we can all share in the fun?

;o)

 
At 11:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA!! I LOVE YA JAMM!!

 
At 5:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

'Unimpressive blonde' is redundant. I know 'cos I am one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home