24 July 2008

Me? Green???

I have to admit that ever since Mike Fieldhammer-ized my house with recycling bins and systems, I have been more and more conscious everyday.

Lately, I'm pretty proud of myself for not just owning, but consistently remembering to use my fabulous, red reusable shopping bag.

I absolutely love it! It's enormous, but it folds up all cute and compact like and just snaps together. I've just been keeping it in my satchel with me. You never know when you may need a shopping bag!

However, the non-engrish-speaking bagger at the Korean grocery story did give me a strange look today when I whipped it out. Hey, I'm just glad I remembered.

I've also been frequenting the Vitamin Cottage since it's the closest of those sorts of stores to my house. Apparently, they were in a different building but up and decided to move across the parking lot into the former Hancock Fabrics when they went out of business. As most of these stores are, it's super nice and organized inside.

This is not so green, but on my recent excursion, I discovered Applegate Farms Organic Chicken & Apple Sausages.

YUM-MEE! I just grilled and sliced some up tonight for a little snack tossed with some fresh, perfectly ripened avocado. They're slightly high in the sodium department, but it's not like I'm having more than a couple a week. I don't know that I would recommend the avocado combination either. It was interesting, but rather impulsive.

I also found a fun new lip balm there and a great alternative (in a bulk quantity for about the same price) to my new favorite granola.

Life has been grand. What could I possibly complain about?

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM , Anonymous eliqis said...

Thank you for providing such valuable information. all have had so much learning from this post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home