09 August 2009

Beginner's Ruck

I played cribbage for the first time ever yesterday with Mike. Before that, I had only played it on the pool table. I've always wondered how it was played. Against my wishes at the time, because I really just wanted to play some pool, Mike really wanted to teach me. Well, we didn't do the pegging part, but I actually enjoyed it.

In our first game, I scored a 14 and a 20. I guess that's pretty good since the highest possible score is 29? Here were a couple of my best hands:

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM , Blogger Robert Johnson said...

9-9-9-6-6 gives 20, but doesn't 8-8-7-7-6 give 24? (Four runs of 3 is 12, plus 2 pairs makes 16, plus 4 fifteens makes 24.) Both of these are monstrous hands.

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger Samm said...

I'm still learning...

 
At 11:37 PM , Anonymous Kyril said...

You mean you're still "rearning". (he-he)

Hope all's well these days; glad to see Vegas is doing great! - Kyril

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home