05 April 2007

My Heart Hurts...

(gloomy thoughts on a beautiful, sunny Colorado morning)

It hurts. It physically hurts.
The pain is indescribable to anyone that's never experienced it.
With every beat, it aches more and more.
How do I stop it?

Al Green never figured it out. Is it time???
Can time truly be the only thing that can mend a broken heart?
Dogs, Turtles, Friends, and Interests help to stay occupied.
But, are you truly occupied when this thing consumes you?
The body may be but is the mind?... The soul?... The heart?...

A monster has hurt my heart.
It's bigger than me.
I'm staying as strong as I know how.
Undeniably, I'm preoccupied. I'm hollow. I'm in pain.
My heart is very sad.

5 Comments:

At 5:05 PM , Blogger Kyril said...

I was checking your blogs from time-to-time to see how things went in Minneapolis, and then I read this. Take as mucho time as you need - for yourself! Your readers (all of us, I'm pretty sure) will still be here. Take care of yourself, Samm. - Kyril

 
At 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here, you're in my heart, let me listen .........
-D-

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Robert Johnson said...

Not sure what it is, but you've got some compassion from me.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

Dear Sweet Samm...

This can not be!
You were born to smile, to be happy!

I'm calling you...

Mikie

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Alvina Yeh said...

Hi

I dont know what is going on but when you are ready, you know you can call me. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home