06 September 2007

Free

Sometimes, it's easy to get so wrapped up with the details of the "problems" we're facing that we lose sight of the big picture. The distraction of those details can become so overwhelming to us that we are enveloped by things that may be out of our control.

A few days ago, I heard news that Chisolm's new girlfriend was going around town, around our mutual pool community town, and telling people that I wanted to kick her butt (censored for the public viewing of this blog). Why would I want to kick her butt when I'm the one that upgraded? Regardless, they don't exist to me.

My point is that upon hearing this news, I was annoyed and reacted accordingly. I sent an email to Chisolm asking them to refrain from the slander and in response received two emails from him, detailing the events that occurred. Spared me the details! Just don't let IT or anything like IT happen!

The possibility of rumors being spread about me by my ex and his new fling are, in the big picture, so completely insignificant. But, I wasted an entire day consumed with the idea of it.

It took a gruesome, emotional email from a friend to make me realize that other people have problems so much heavier than mine and what I may think is the end of the world is so minuscule compared to what is actually the end of the world for some.

After this discover, I took a hot shower and returned to my inbox to draft an apology to Chisolm for the tone of my recent emails. I explained that though I do not want to be friends, I definitely do not want to be enemies. There's no room for hatred in my life.

Shortly after hitting "send" I bumped into him at Table Steaks East and apologized again in person. It was the most amazing thing.

I saw him across the room. I walked over. I talked to him for all of three minutes. And, I felt nothing... Absolutely nothing.

I looked at his face, his unshaved (for at least a few days) face, and felt no attraction, no love, no hatred, just complete and utter indifference. I had no anxiety, no nervousness, no awkwardness. I felt free.

I'm leaving now for Dallas for a tournament this weekend and fly straight from Dallas to Minneapolis on Monday to see Mike. I'm really looking forward to it.

Catchya on the flip side (unless there's anything juicy to blog about before I get back).

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM , Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

Perfect!

So good to hear you are OVER it.

Fast Mikie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home