02 April 2008

I had plenty of gas -- April Fools!

As you may have deduced from the title of this post, yes, I ran out of gas yesterday, on thus the first day of April. Joke's on me. I don't know if I should admit this, but it wasn't exactly the first time this happened... nor the second... well, and, not even the third... I'll just stop right there.

I was returning from lunch with my friend Mike from up North and ended up taking E470 home. My gas light had only just came on when I arrived at his office. I had forgotten, however, that there's zero civilization on that particular stretch of E470, so unfortunately, well... we know what happened.

I got off on the first exit where I knew there was a gas station, the exit to the airport. Already, Curby started chugging and I let him coast around the curve and drift as far as he would go.

Amazingly, we made it into the parking lot, barely, of the Conoco.
Yep. I ran out of gas as I pulled into the parking lot of the gas station. See photo below for evidence:
It did say SLOWAfter I got enough gas to get Curby goin' again and pulled up to the pump, I looked down to see that we were .2 miles, a mere 1,056 feet, away from:
  • depriving me the exercise of walking to and from the gas counter, TWICE!
  • meeting a very nice officer who drove me back to my car, the second time, because I couldn't get the gas canister nozzle to work the first time (you'd think I'd have plenty of experience with such a thing).
  • spraying gas all over the side of my car, and my hands.
  • reeking of gasoline for the next 12 hours.
  • getting a car wash (which, I guess I needed anyway, but I was saving up my MN roadtrip dirt from my most recent drive - BACK IN FEBRUARY!)
On a more positive note, the bulbs I planted a couple years ago are still coming up and should be blossoming any day now.

Sweet corn was on sale at King Soopers and I've been on a complete corn on the cob binge. Is it possible to consume too much corn on the cob??? It is the only food the comes out the same way it goes in.

I'll leave you with a couple great, educational shirts from yesterday. HAHA!

"Advertising helps me decide" [Amen! I love it!]

And, "Don't swallow your gum" [HAHAHAHA!!! CUTE!]

Today was a much better day, except for pulling a muscle in my A$$. Can't wait for tomorrow's adventures!

1 Comments:

At 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ran out of gas??? You know I saw that little amber light on when we were driving to lunch but I figured you were going for that Kramer level of excitement, looking to see how far you could get on a tank of gas. :-)

Thanks for lunch by the way, but I still can't get over the cheesesteak blasphemy saying that you didn't like Pat's.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home