02 December 2008

Twelve Days of Sweaters - Day 2

Today's sweaters was a gift from my Charlotte Mom a couple years ago. She had given me three boxes of cashmere and wool sweaters from her youth. The horsey shirt was hers also and the entire ensemble was only appropriately tied together with my "riding" boots.
I'm really enjoying my time at work. The phones were ringing off the hook today and before I knew it, it was 11:30 and I'd barely had a chance to finish my yogurt breakfast. I even got my own headset today!

The funniest call I received today was someone needing to order a new PoolDawg catalog because his dog chewed up his current one, "Danged dawg!" he said. Very cute...

It sounds corny, but it's really fun being so nice to people on the phone. It's almost like they don't expect it because of the time of year or something. A lot of people just like to call and chit chat about pool and league and their new pool cue and I don't mind, as long as the phones aren't going bizerk.

I helped one guy pick out a $70 cue and even though he didn't buy it yet, he said, "You made my day" before he got off the phone. Another lady thanked me for being so nice when I helped her pick out a pink cue for her grand-niece.

And Keven from the office even asked Mike, "Can we keep her?" This could be my second calling. Awwww.... If I were to ever rejoin the workforce, it would definitely be here!

My workspace even has a window. Here's the view from my desk.

1 Comments:

At 4:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice view! Can't you open a window and hurl ornaments at those babies? Bet you want to... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home