12 November 2008

In Loving Memory of Allen

Allen was my ex-fiancee's step-father, Dr. Albert Allen Wolf. Though my ex and I are no longer together, Allen and his wife known to me as my "Charlotte Mom" & "Charlotte Dad" continued to love me just the same.

Allen was diagnosed with a brain tumor which he had been fighting for the last 18 months. Unfortunately, his condition was worsening over the past couple months and he ultimately passed away on Saturday.

Allen touched my life. He was a brilliant man and I loved being around him.
Here are some of my favorite memories of Allen:

A is for Adventurous eater
Allen enjoyed clearing his plate, literally. That would include cherry stems, lemon rinds, and desserts of course. We've shared our fair share of desserts over the years.

L is for Laughter
Though he was more often the one causing the laughter, his dry witty humor brought me many smiles and I know it did for so many others.

L is for Love
From the first day that I met Allen, we had an instant, special bond/connection and since then, he has been nothing less of loving to me whenever I've called or seen him.

E is for Educated
Allen is one of the most brilliant men you'll ever meet. He was well educated and a wealth of knowledge on so many subjects. Amazingly, he had a great personality to go with it!

N is for Not giving up
Thank you, Allen, for giving us 18 more months of YOU after you were diagnosed with your illness. You will not be forgotten...

You can read his obituary here.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samm,

A loving tribute. Sorry for your loss. That is the same thing that claimed my dad's life after a brief 3-mo battle 15 years ago this Christmas. This summer (if I hadn't told you yet), my sister lost her long struggle with complications from diabetes. I'll pray that your happy memories help you get by.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home