29 November 2008

A warm sweatshirt, my new laptop, and my pooch

What else do you need on a snowy fall/winter day? It snowed last night and since I don't have very good insulation in my house, it's a little chilly. If Mike were here though, he'd probably still have the thermostat at 65. Maniac!

Vegas loves frolicking in the snow. He had a little giddy-up in his step this morning when he got near the door and remembered that there's snow outside. It was so cute. I love when he sniffs around and gets a little snow on his nose.
He's so regal!
I've got my huge fluffy green sweatshirt on today with my new laptop in my lap. Well, it's new to me. I recently inherited Mike's old T40p IBM Thinkpad because my A21m is even older and has been pretty sick.
After a new hard drive, replacement battery, a couple tumbles, and countless airport security scans, I sure have had a lot of fond times with my poor 8-year-old laptop and I've definitely gotten my money's worth, but I'm very excited about the new one!

I'm probably just biased, but they just don't make 'em like the Thinkpads these days. Mike could barely part with it and when I asked why he would even let me have it he said, "because you're an IBM kinda girl." Aw, shucks.

And I sure am too. I can't stand touch pads. He even disabled the touch pad so I could just use only the eraser mouse. I LOVE IT!!!!

It's been the highlight to recent macabre days.

Yesterday, my friend Sally asked me what Vegas does when I'm sad and not feeling well. I said that he knows when I'm sad and comes up to love me and tries to make me feel better. She said that I should return the favor.

It sucks so badly because there are so many little subtle things that he normally does that he's not doing. He was so restless last night and couldn't get comfortable. I tried to play one of our favorite games where I hide in the stairwell and surprise him and he does laps up and down the hallway. Last night, I hid, and he just laid down in front of me. It broke my heart.

However, as difficult as this time is right now, I am not giving up hope. I will attempt to stay positive and keep things in perspective. I'll do it for my bestfriend, my loyal companion, my protector, my boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home