28 November 2009

Doin' my part

It's that time of year again...

For me, that means I hang up my pool cues for a month and work a "real job" during December. I'm really looking forward to it now that I know what I'm doing this year. I filled in for a day last week and it all came back to me.

My mom and I did our part in replenishing our economy by supporting black friday this week. I spent some more money today at Target for Project: Organize the Craft Room so-we-can-get-this-mattress-out-of-the-hallway. I also picked up some snacks for work next week. I'm very excited about it the purchase of four different kinds of snack mixes that I have tossed together: Sweet & Spicy, Fruit & Berry, Tropical Fruit & Berry, and the Zen Party.

Since last I wrote, my BeFriStEnd, Michael, moved in for a few months with his pooch (and Vegas's long-time friend), Mr. Tripp. I'm looking forward to be spending more time with him.

I couldn't wait to get home to start Body Pump 71. When I left town a month ago they were just wrapping up with BP 70. I was going 4-5 days a week and hated to leave. I even downloaded all the tracks and tried doing the exercises at Mike's house. It just wasn't the same. I was glad to see my favorite instructor and work out buddy, Estella, again. I don't really like BP 71 as much or the music really but there's a lot more cardio and my legs have been burning the last couple times I've done it.

The other exciting purchase I made on Friday was the Simple Soups Deck of 50 easy soup recipes. I'm planning to keep a large vat of fresh, homemade soup readily available at all times this month. I think the first one I'm going to try is #12 - Cream of Portabella Mushroom Soup. YUM! I'll share the recipe here if it turns out okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home