17 January 2006

Fitness Study



Started working out again today. Thought I would jump on the cliche new year's resolution bandwagon of getting back in shape. I had been seriously wanting to get back on that wagon for a long time, but had not had the motivation to. Unfortunately, when you stop working out, you don't have as much energy to start working out again. (bad combination)

Fortunately, this was not me on the treadmill today.

Anyway, last week, while searching on Criag's List for some upcoming hairshows or hairmodels wanted, I came across this ad for a Fitness Study. The commitment is 45 minutes a day, three days a week, for three weeks. This place is called Ladies Workout Express. It's an interesting workout concept of 30-minute circuit training.

The facility is located in a (no more than) 800 square foot space in a strip mall. It's a very unique, intimate feel. Instead of lockers, there's cubbies at the entrance for your shoes, pool cues, pets, etc. There are 24 "stations" that you spend 40 seconds each on to an interesting mix of upbeat elevator/techno music until a man's voice comes on to say "Change Stations". I have to admit, it was really fun!

Well, I'm looking forward to going back soon. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. She took all my measurements today and I am currently at 19% body fat. Ugh... I boxed up all the chocolate in the house tonight and sent it off with my mom. Here goes nuthin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home