09 January 2006

Happy New Year!!!

A New Year, "2 feet of ice build up, 7 days, and 144 Sudokus later..." I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Let's see what my fortune has in store for me:

Your Fortune Is

Virginity like bubble, one prick all gone.
(uuuhhhh... "Under the sheets???" Sounds painful)
The Wacky Fortune Cookie Generator

Oh dear. I wonder what that's a metaphor for?

I hope Santa brought you everything you asked for, and more. I am typing this blog with the new Sony Vaio we got from my generous (future) in-laws. I have to admit that I had absolutely nothing to complain about.

My 2005 was an overwhelming but productive year. In a quick personal reflection, 2005 made pho a permanent staple in our diets, brought me a new step-nephew (in-law), introduced the newly-legal-Vina to Vegas (the city, not the dog), accepted the proposal to become the future Mrs. Woodson, celebrated the union of two of my dearest friends, watched a bestfriend find love, introduced Sudoku into my life, brought me my second national amateur 9ball title, released my first book, watched my other bestfriend move from across the country to a nearby state, was a successful year for Samm's Side Pocket, and has been one of the best years of my life, bringing me everything I could have ever dreamed of. That's just to name a few things. That's not including all the awesome people I've met and gotten to know better this year.

Click here for my new favorite movie.

Christmas was nice and quiet this year. The VOA was not serving lunch on Christmas day this year, so I decided to do dinner on Chirstmas eve. This made Chisolm very happy since we wouldn't have to be there until 4:30 (vs the usual 8am). Unfortunately, I woke up to a sore throat on Christmas eve morning, so we didn't end up going. We just basically spent those next four days with blankets in front of the fireplace with lots of movies, opening gifts. Vegas really enjoys Christmas.

Speaking of Vegas, here is a photo of him from last weekend.

Speaking of last weekend, we spent our 2005-6 in Vail. Our friend Ryan and his new girlfriend were supposed to come up for the weekend. They didn't end up coming because a friend of hers is allergic to dogs. Didn't even realize they were bringing additional guests. Oh well. As it turned out, it worked out for the best anyway.

We arrived on Thursday for our new years "weekend" only to discover a leak in the bedroom caused by snow/ice buildup on the roof. Since we don't go up there very often, a lot of snow gets built up on the roof. We called the roofing people right away but no one could come until Tuesday. We spent most of the weekend without heat in attempt to stop the leaking. The heat from the house was thawing the roof and causing a waterfall in the bedroom. It was so noisy, we ended up sleeping in the guest bedroom with a space heater. After they came to fix the roof on Tuesday we had to make sure the leak had stopped before we could get the carpet cleaned on Wednesday. Anyway, 2 feet of ice build up, 7 days, and 144 Sudokus later, we're back.

Here is another photo of what used to be Chisolm's old Honda in the driveway in Vail. It's now just a big, white mound of snow.

Alright, I'm off for now. I promise it won't be as long before I write again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home