16 November 2005

Back to Work

Now that things are just slightly less hectic for me, I am back to training again. The next big event I’m looking forward to is the Valley Forge Super Billiards Expo event in late March. It’s always a fun time. There a $10,000 added tourney in South Padre island in late January that I hear is a good one too, but I haven’t decided on that one yet. If I know anyone else that’s going, then I might go. Otherwise, it’s a bit hard to get to and hurricane-friendly.

Tonight, I had a nice dinner with Hikle (who recently blogged a new posting yesterday after a long awaited 2 weeks) and his new m-a-n at the Outback. They had a slight tiff just before dinner so there were some awkward moments during dinner, but it was still a good time. Afterwards, we checked out a new Lollicup boba place on Montview & Nome. It’s safe to say that we will not be returning there for more boba. They didn’t even have foosball! Anyway, I came home and got a bunch of work done after that. My friend, “Fast Mikie” from California ordered 10 books from me tonight! WOW! That was VERY exciting. So, I got those ready, along with some other books and things to be shipped out, watched some X-Files, and did some work online.

On a side note, Vegas has been SO BAD lately. I don’t know what has come over him. He is normally such a good dog but he has recently been getting into the trash and eating things off the coffee table (like, a box of my business cards, some craft glue, a bottle of Advil, my Samm’s Pocket address stamp, and who knows what else). Then, tonight, TWICE he got into the trash right in front of me! Twice, I got on the phone and turned around to find him chewing on a snotty piece of Kleenex from the trash. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, as promised, here are some pictures of my other kids… (currently, the good ones)

Here is "Ketchup" (left) and "Mayo" (right) hanging out on the floating island. Ketchup is a Southern Painted [Chrysemys picta dorsalis] and Mayo is a Common Musk [Sternotherus odoratus], aka "Stinkpots" as they have been know to omit a stinky odor when they're frightened or nervous. I, personally have not experienced it so he must be happy.

Here's one of Mayo. He has a very long neck, as you can see. He and Ketchup are very friendly and have a ton of personality. Hey swim right up to the glass when they see me coming and get very excited. They are quite fascinating to watch. Mayo is like a puppy. He sniffs around the bottom of tank looking for stuff.

Here's "Mustard". He's a Mississippi Map [Graptemys pseudogeographica kohnii] and a bit antisocial. He is elusive and enjoys hiding and running away when he things I might be coming. Unlike the other two, he's not so friendly.

I got them from a breeder, The Turtle Store. If you or anyone you know is seriously considering raising a turtle(s), you should check them out because this guy is totally professional and knowledgeable. He spent a lot of time with me during my research period determining the right turtles for me and that I had an appropriate environment for them. The service was legendary!

Also, I wanted to make sure I didn't forget to include the "closeup" photos of my Vegas plaques, as per a recent request. I hope this will suffice.

Hhhhhmmm... I think that's all I have to write about for now. I'll be back soon.


3 Comments:

At 5:50 AM , Blogger Chad said...

If you get another turtle, maybe you could name him/her "special sauce"

 
At 12:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute turtles!!! are they high maintenence?

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Th. said...

.

They're so ... teeny.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home