04 October 2005

Chrissy Update: On the road to recovery...

Great News!!!


For most of the day yesterday, Chrissy was hanging out by the island in the middle of the aquarium. This was the first time in days that I had seen her voluntarily move from the floating, basking dock.

Then, tonight, as I was going to feed Janet and leave food for Chrissy, she was back over by the edge of the floating dock and she started eating some of the food as I set it in the water. She then, for the first time in about a month, ate a piece of food from my hand. I am so happy!!!

Later, she swam around a bit and went back over to the middle island. She is still floating around and not completely submerged, but she was submerging her head and swimming around. This is very exciting and I believe she's on her way to a healthy recovery. YAY!!!!!

Last night, poor Hikle's flight was super delayed. He was supposed to get in at 9:30pm but his flight didn't come in until after 1am due to bad weather in Chicago. I didn't mind. Those are my hours.

Today, I drove to a Mazda dealership in Aurora to get a couple keys made. I got there too late. The parts dept closed at 6pm. However, as I was walking back to Matty, a salesperson rushed over to me and asked, "Excuse me. What year is your car? Are you looking to sell it?" I explained that I just got it and was not in the market to sell. Well, apparently, 5-speed '99 Mazda Miatas are a hot commodity. The guy freaked out when I told him it only had 60,000 miles and then told me to keep him in mind if I was interested in selling it and that I could get $10 or even $15,000 for it. WHAT?! Geez! Who knew?! He said he had 2 buyers looking for my car. Well, that's good to know, I guess.

I gotta go. My monitor is acting weird and giving me a headache. I'm so glad Chrissy is eating!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM , Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

You can NOT believe a word a car salesman says. I know... I used to be one!

;o)

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Chad said...

They make keys at Home Depot...

 
At 2:44 AM , Anonymous glimepiride reviews said...

Thanks for this helpful information shared in this post. I read this post and it is very useful article.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home