22 September 2005

A miracle happened at LAX tonight! (Yeah! What he said!)

There was truly a miracle that happened at LAX tonight. Hikle has done such a good job reporting it that I will just refer you to his blog for the details.

If you were watching the news at around 7:30(Mountain time) tonight, you were fortunate enough to see the lives of 140 passengers and 6 crew members saved before your eyes. What an overwhelming feeling of anxiety and excitement it was to see that plane finally come to a stop after the flames ignited the front wheel, dragging it along until you thought it would just snap at any second. We couldn't help but to applaud when it finally came to a halt. We imagined how horrified those passengers must've felt to be on the flight, knowing what was going on, seeing and hearing every minute of it. We wondered if they were watching themselves on the plane's satellite television. And, we held our breaths and cheered as the pilot pulled off an amazing landing to save the lives of his crew and passengers.

Once we saw the passengers exiting the plane and knew they were safe, we finally left for pho & boba. Our usual pho place closes at 8pm so we tried a new place tonight. It was pretty good. We then decided that we should just try all of them in that area (since there are about 6 of them within a 1 mile radius) being the true pho connoisseurs that we are. Well, maybe not tonight, but over the next few visits. Next stop was boba. I had a hot boba today since I have buckets. (Buckets = code for very bad menstrual cramps, ugh...) I got the hot Almond Milk Tea w/ 3color jellies & it was yummy!

Shortly after Hikle dropped me off, my mom came over do some late night grocery shopping with me (a favorite past time in my household). I picked up some things, including a pork roast that I had waiting for Chisolm when he got home. It's fun being domestic. I also cleaned out all the pantries in the kitchen tonight. It felt great! I started with the old pickle jars in the fridge and just couldn't stop. Even though I knew there was some super scary old stuff up there, I still couldn't help peeking at the exp date. Embarrassingly and grossly enough, some of the items had 2002exp dates. They were obviously left over from the Susan & Wendy days (my most recent roommates). Needless to say, we boxed them up for the homeless. JUST KIDDING! They're all in the trash. I didn't feel bad about it either. It was crap like kidney beans and canned tomatoes and chef-boy-r-d stuff. Bleh! As if that stuff's not bad enough when it's not expired.

Okay, so now I'm just rambling. For the most part, I was very productive tonight (not to mention all the press releases I sent off today for my new book). As of this moment, I have been awake for almost 21 hours so I think that should be it for me. Chisolm and I did see a pretty good movie tonight that I had Tivo'd last week, called The Good Girl, starring Jennifer Aniston. I liked it because it was very unpredictable. Even the parts that I predicted would happen, didn't happen how I predicted they would happen. I like that in a good movie.

Anyway, I should get some sleep. I am so fortunate to have so many special people in my life. I will sleep well knowing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home