20 September 2005

CPK & Paul Reiser

Finally! I have something other than shooting pool or hanging out with my pets and friends to blog about.

Tonight we met Paul Reiser. I know. Pretty cool, huh?

About a week ago, while at Shake's, Chisolm and I grabbed some free passes to the screening of The Thing About My Folks written by and starring Paul Reiser. The bottom of the invite said to stick around for a Q&A w/ Paul Reiser after the movie. Chisolm and I joked about how Paul would be on the screen at the end of the movie giving answers to some generic questions and that's what Q&A meant. Wrong! (I just got off the phone w/ Hikle and learned all about inserting links, so bear with me)

So, tonight we started our evening with a nice dinner at CPK in Cherry Creek while I dropped my ring off to be cleaned. Then we headed over the Denver Pavilions theatre. We barely made it in time for the movie. It started at 7pm and we got there at about 10 till and they showed up with a list of other show times this week to choose from. Then, another lady came out to say that there were about 15 seats left, so we hurried in. There were plenty of seats left (in the front 5 rows). So, we sat in the 2nd row.

The movie was cute. Paul Reiser plays a son who spends some bonding time with his father, Peter Falk. It was a witty, entertaining collection of experiences loosely based on Paul's actual relationship with his own father.

Cut to the chase... Once the movie was over, a theatre employee rushes out to tell us not to leave. (Mind you, throughout the movie whenever someone would walk by Chisolm and I would jokingly whisper to each other "Is that Paul Reiser?") Well, surprise, surprise. The attendant introduced him and out he came. Wow! How cool was that?!

He stayed for about 1/2 an hour and answered a handful (actually, more) of questions. He was very, very charming and funny. If you go to the movie link and click on "Free Screenings" there is a listing of the upcoming free screenings that he will also be appearing at. I have to admit, I was a little star struck.

Overall, it was a delightful evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home