26 September 2005

Good grief! This is a long posting.

Wow! I had such an eventful weekend (well, for me anyway). I almost have too much to blog about. -Nah!

Friday night, I brought Vegas with me to visit his uncle Hikle & cousin Tripp. We didn't stay for long because we were off for some last minute pirate attire shopping for Saturday's festivities. And, of course, Boba pit stop.

Hikle found some great masks & costumes, but none of them were really appropriate for the pirate party.






Saturday came and after a quick moustache job and some last minute photos, we are on our way to Westy, to spend the evening with a room full of 20-year-old-asian-pirates. Yay?!?

Even though we were the oldest pirates there, we still managed to have a fun time. How can you not, when you're dressed as pirates?!

I enjoyed being dressed up so much, in fact, later that night, a slightly intoxicated Marko called and invited me to a "Clam Bake." "Tom Ross was on his way," he promised. With the promise of free clams, clam chowda', and a roasted pig, how could I turn down the offer, dressed as a pirate or not.

The party was an 8th or 9th annual event and it takes place in the back yards of these 3-4 houses. They just remove pieces of their fence to make one giant yard. SWEET! When I first arrived, I couldn't find Mark right away. As I stumbled through the drunken crowd of clam-bakers, the guests were beginning to wonder if I was really wearing an eyepatch or if they had just had one too many. Both. Needless to say, it was a good conversation piece. I had fun responding with "What? This isn't a pirate party?!" or "What? This? It's my normal weekend attire." My favorite was "Mark! That #%$&* told me everyone was dressed like a pirate!"

Anyway, here are some pics from the evening. When we left Hikle's apartment, we said we would stay at the birthday party for as long as it took me, in total, to shop for our costumes. I think I got my money's worth.

Oink! Oink!

Richard, Mark, & Tom

Richard was one of the homeowners. He later said I was officially invited next year whether Mark calls me or not. S-WEET! I'll be getting there early next year!!!

A couple other residents



Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Tonight, I played straight pool for the first time in about a year. I didn't play well, but it was because I haven't practiced all week. This week will be a little bit better. I've been so consumed with the book that I haven't made much time to practice. Oops.

Anyway, I'll leave you with this picture of Hikle realizing while at the party that he had used way too much glue for his moustache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home