12 October 2005

May Chrissy Rest Peacefully...
Losing One Friend But Surrounded by Many

(It's not as long as it looks. There's just a lot of pictures.)

Okay, so it's been a few days, but I'm finally ready to write about it. On Sunday night, I went upstairs to discover Chrissy lying on the basking dock as usual and Janet lying on the floating island. This was a new place to find Janet. She looked so cute with her big, loafy self. So, I took a few photos of Janet and when I went to heart Chrissy, she wasn't moving. I immediately panicked and called for Chisolm. He rushed over and confirmed my biggest fear. Yep.

I couldn’t understand it. I was mortified. I had nursed her back to health and thought she was on the road back to recovery. I would have expected it in her sicker days, while I was giving her injections everyday, but she started eating again and was beginning to look well. Even more unfortunately, I believe Janet has now fallen ill. I was just in the process of upgrading their living situation but to be honest, I don’t know how much longer Janet will be around. She refuses to eat now and is showing similar symptoms. I am very worried and sad. Anyway, I put Chrissy in one of my padded jewelry boxes and gave her a proper burial on the snowy Monday morning.

Speaking of snowy Monday, apparently, it snowed more in my backyard than in the entire state of Colorado put together. Here are some pictures of Vegas enjoying the conditions (scroll through quickly for a flip-book effect):

Also, here's a photo of my snowmen later that evening (that's Chisolm on the right):

Sunday was one long 13-hour day. Actually, more like 4 long 3-hour days. The weather was just starting to get crappy which made it seem like an even longer day. I left the house at 11:30am (I know! I couldn't believe I was even up in a.m., must less leaving the house) to meet my friend Cindy for a 3-hour lunch. We had some things we needed to work out and I’m so glad we did. Afterwards, I stopped by Chris Byrne’s house (of Chris Byrne Custom Cues, he’s my cue sponsor) and picked up the butt of my new cue he had been working on for me. He couldn’t finish the shafts yet due to the humidity. I stayed & visited for a bit. His shop is so cool! It's like an episode of Sesame Street when they visit a plant somewhere and show how they make something. The photos don’t really due it justice. It’s SO beautiful! Cocobolo & Birds Eye w/ Malachite in-lays.

After that, I stopped by Table Steaks to see my friend Megan for bit before she left for the US Open. She was playing in their weekly Sunday night tournament. I stayed there for about 3 hours. After that, Hikle and I were supposed to go have pho & boba but he informed me that he was ill. So, I just stopped at Walgreens to pick him up some Gatorade, Diet 7-Up, and cookies & crackers. I went to his place and hung out for a bit (for, whatelse, approximately 3 hours) before he felt a bit better and I left for Shake’s. I told my friend Emilio earlier than I would stop by Shakespeare’s. So, I paid him & Tom a visit and showed off my new cue. I ended up staying for, you guessed it, 3 hours. Whew! I was pretty exhausted by the time I got home.

Tuesday night, Hikle and I finally met for pho and boba. He was just beginning to regain his appetite from being ill. The roads had completely dried up so I was able to drive “Matt” to pick him up. He barely fit in the car. Tonight, my mom brought over some yummy food so I called Hikle to stop by after work so I could share it with him. YUM-MY!

Chaddie called today to tell what a nerd I am. Yeah! I'm officially obsessed with Sudoku now. Ugh! I was dreaming about it last night! Numbers everywhere... I AM a nerd! Tomorrow, I'm meeting Hatty at the CC Mall to get our rings cleaned before he, Hikle and I have dinner at the CPK. Anyway, great, true friends are more rare than we may think. When we come across them, we should appreciate them.

4 Comments:

At 3:28 AM , Blogger Chad said...

Oh, I thought Chisolm was on the left...

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Chad said...

Where is the new post???

 
At 2:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

snow??? what snow??? whoa.

 
At 3:14 AM , Blogger Chad said...

It has come to my attention that you stole my clock idea. (it's okay)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home