07 October 2005

The Big Scare

I hadn't posted anything in a while because I didn't feel a had a ton of blog-worthy things going on. I know, I know. Like that's ever stopped me before.

So here it goes... I just went upstairs earlier and found Chrissy upside down, floating beside the basking dock. She wasn't moving and with the horror of the discovery, I went running downstairs, screaming with the my arms flailing for Chisolm. After interrupting his viewing of the Tivo'd episode of U2 taking over Conan O'Brien, I dragged him upstairs with me, only for him to discover that she was actually moving. WHEW! Yes, in fact, she was not d-e-d at all, she was simply stuck. It appeared that she had "fallen and couldn't get up." She struggled for a bit before I could clean my hands and help her back up.

I thought about re-enacting the photo of her upside down for blog-sake but was too traumatized by the image to do so.

After the entire ordeal. I decided to put them on the scale to see how much they had grown since their vet visit a month ago. Since Chrissy's illness, Janet seems to be getting loafier and loafier. I busted her a few times eating the food that I would leave out for Chrissy. She has pretty much doubled in size and the scale confirmed it. At the vet, she was .4oz and she weighed in at .9oz. Woah! Chrissy had only gained .1oz from her original .3oz. At least she's gained something.

Anyway, here's a great photo their proud parents took of them. Chrissy appears to be laughing since she just punk'd us.Yeah, Chrissy. That's really hilarious! You're just a barrel o' monkeys.

Well, since I'm blogging, I may as well just go all the way...

On Wednesday morning I was dreaming about Mr. Tripp and all his loafiness when, to my surprise, I was awakened to a warm tongue licking my fingers. Chisolm was still asleep. Hikle had dropped him off on his way in to work so he could just come over after work without having to hurry home. YAY! Play Day for the boys.

Well, Loaf Day, maybe. They weren't very productive, but that's okay. They were good at it. Plus, they were both smellin' great from the recent baths that Chisolm had given them.

I, on the other hand, was VERY productive on Wednesday. I cleaned out and organized the entire garage. I desperately needed to make room for the delivery of my books and I didn't want to wait until the day before or even until I would need a parka to do so (Which is very unlike me. Chisolm and I appreciate estivating for as long as possible.). So, since I was doing this, I decided to FINALLY go through some of the boxes of leftover roommate crap from the past six years of roommates. Pretty scary. Just like the recent kitchen adventure, this one also resulted in boxes of unwanted items. Fortunately this time, most of the things did not have expiration dates (though some of the styles of the old clothing I found did). So, boxes and boxes were loaded into Curby and when Hikle arrived, we took everything to a nearby, newly opened, former-Walgreens-looking Goodwill. After the dropoff, we took a moment to take a photo of this very interesting sign. What can I say? We thought it was cute.

Last night (tonight, for me still, since I haven't gone to bed yet), Hikle and I drove up North to try a different Pho (#88) and it was great! Afterwards, we picked up Hatty and tried a new Boba place. It was different. I'll just leave it at that.

On a side note, before Boba, we stopped at the Pier1 Imports in Westminster for me to pick up a certain secret ornament. This was only after Hikle and I had mistakenly stopped by the one in Aurora the night before. "This is clearance store but they'll still have non-clearance items." I thought. Wrong! On our way to Pier1 #2 tonight, I was reassured by my dear friends that they would surely (no, not Shirley) have it at this one. Wrong again! We show up only to discover that this Pier1 was moving a few blocks away and would not be open until the end of the month. The store was almost empty. There were only a few items inside. Determined to check it out anyway, Hatty and I went inside while Hikle stayed in the car listening to Scissor Sisters.

When we went inside, we discovered that not only were all 5 remaining pieces of furniture in the store on sale for 50% off, but they were also selling all their fixtures, including a 10-foot electrical extension cord/outlet piece of equipment for $5, plastic price tag sign holders from $.50, and even their tape dispensers. Boy, when you move a Pier1, you really mean business!

In the meantime, I had a couple minor hiccups this week with the cover artwork of the book, but the garage is ready and the wheels are in motion.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM , Blogger Chad said...

Glad Chrissy is okay.

 
At 2:43 AM , Anonymous renvela price said...

I am so very grateful for your time.Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and others around you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home