08 October 2005

"Someone sh*t on the coats!"

Tonight, Chisolm and I had a hot date.

We had tickets to see Dane Cook, "an inventive comedian and electric performer who has developed a worldwide following." He was hilarious!

First, we had a nice dinner at Mici, a new trendy, casual italian restaurant on 15th & Stout. It was pretty good. It's only a block from the Convention Center, where the show was. Afterwards, I made Chisolm do some window shopping with me. We stopped into Barnes & Nobel (where my book will one day be sold) and I looked through a book on Sudoku. Chaddie has a link for it on his site but I couldn't get to it before. It seems very interesting and I think I will be checking it out.

Dane Cook is a comedian that Chisolm and I were only recently introduced to by our friend Bonnie. His style is so quick and energetic. His wittiness made me feel like I was sitting in a room with my funniest friends all in one person, times ten. Needless to say, I enjoyed the show.

Before it started, I was a bit nervous because there was a girl sitting in the row in front of us a couple seats over with one of those loud, machine-gun-laughs. I was very concerned with the possibility of that disruption during the show. As it turned out, she was with the media and didn't stay there long.

The opening act was okay. His name was Jay Davis and he made us laugh a few times but it also made me a bit nervous because I wasn't super familiar with Dane Cook's stuff and I didn't know what to expect. He had some funny skits but I was ready for Dane.

The show was supposed to begin at 8pm but started very late. Dane didn't come on until 9pm but it wasn't over until about 20 after 10pm. He was really hilarious and I was very glad that I didn't listen to any of his stuff before the show so I could be completely surprised. I was very pleasantly surprised!

Tomorrow night is Jerry Seinfeld at the Temple Buell Theatre. I can't wait! I know this is crazy, but Jerry is a huge fan of pool so I am bringing a galley of my book with a nice cover letter in the event that I might be able to get it to him for a review. Ya' never know! That would just be the best day of my life!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM , Blogger The Frugalista said...

OMG! I LUV Dane Cook. I saw him on comedy central years ago and immediately ran to Borders to buy "Harmful if Swallowed." I'm so jealous that you saw him live.

 
At 2:36 AM , Anonymous plaviks said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home