11 November 2005

"Almost "Regular"...

A recent comment from my friend Chaddie read, "So glad you are back to regular blogging..." Well, I would hardly call it "regular" yet. I am doing my best though.

Yesterday, I met with Dave, my friend Megan's coach. He has been offering his services to me for quite some time now and I finally took him up on it. Boy! Dave likes to talk... A lot! That's all I am writing about that.

Afterwards, I really needed to unwind a bit so I texted Hikle for some booty-pho & boba. We actually ended up having Vietnamese Buffet at this yummy new place near Federal and Mississippi. It was really good, in a sketchy sort of way. The rice noodles and spring rolls were good. Mmmmmm... Afterwards, we headed over to boba where I gave Hikle a quick whoop-a$$ in some Connect4. It was about time!

Tonight we had league. This is my first time as the captain. I'm not really much of a team player, but I'm learning. This captaining this is a lot of work but is also fun. I got these expanding (accordian) file folders for Chisolm and I to put our league stuff into so we could stay more organized. It helps. I put little matching calculators in there too.

Our team name is "Slightly Competitve." I am the only non-Master player on my women's team. It is only by circumstance. We have such a kick-a$$ team! Apprently, 2 of the women were told they were "too competitive" by the former captain of their old team, hence the team name. I don't care. We're so stacked!

I haven't sold that many books so far, but I have been receiving great responses from the people who have bought books already.

Anyway, I'm all packed and ready to go. We leave for the weekend for a tournament in Cheyenne, WY tomorrow afternoon. Hikle will be housesitting for us. I'm glad. That way I know the turtles will be getting enough attention.

I should go now. I have to update The Tip Jar blog and head to bed. I have been up since 9:30am. I know! That's crazy talk! I took my friend Denny to lunch today. He is going through some personally medical problems and I have been very concerned with him. He is the most selfless, generous person I know. He organizes so many different volunteer projects all year round and during the holidays, I help him with 3 of them. It makes me so sad to know that he's in pain.

Good night for now. You won't hear from me for a couple days. There were only 3 women signed up for the AA/AAA division so I will be playing in the Men's Open A division. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Blogger Chad said...

I think you should have a talk with MU since he is not posting and see what's up with that. Seems like he should be posting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home