12 January 2006

New Year, Old Friends (well, they're young, but "long-time")

"fortune"

My cousin, Alvina, is the closest thing I have to a baby sister. We were supposed to exchange gifts last week but I was still in Vail, so I rescheduled to last night. She lives/works/goes to school in Boulder. She is the daughter and student that I'm sure my parents would've loved for me to be. She's the perfect child! Anyway, it takes three good friends to agree to meet you in Boulder for dinner, just so you can exchange gifts with your family.

Hatty, Hikle, & Lenny came to dinner with me. It was super-fun! It's weird how sushi used to be such a staple and we recently hadn't had it in so long. Well, I have to admit, the replacement of pho as the staple is definitely much easier on the pocketbook.

Vina was off by 9:30. So, after dessert, we all headed back to Hatty's place for some tea, more dessert, and some ABBA videos (what evening would be complete without ABBA videos). Vina & I opened our gifts and we all sat around and just enjoyed each others' company.

When Hikle & Lenny left, Vina, Hatty, & I had girl talk about the dreaded "wedding plans"... *gasp!* I then found out that Vina will be moving to China for ??? how long and Hatty will be moving away for his PhD that summer. After picking myself up off the floor, they convinced me that they will still be there to help with the plans.

Awesome gifts from Vina (accumulated over the past two christmases):

  • Wreck of the Day by Anna Nalick cd
  • Color Flow Lamp from Sharper Image
  • Talking Photo Album from Sharper Image
  • A super soft throw
  • Sudoku daily calendar
  • Cranberry gift set from The Body Shop

Thanks, Vina!!!

Hatty & Juan gave me an awesome Vegas ornament and some really cool stickers, too. (see left)

Saturday night, Chisolm and I are hosting my Sixth Annual Re-gifting Party at the Irish Hound. It's always a fun time of goofy "gifts" and stuff.

Saturday, January 28th, is Chinese New Year this year. My mom come over and marked it on my calendar last night so I wouldn't forget.

Okay, that's all for now. I'm off to league!

1 Comments:

At 7:20 AM , Blogger Chad said...

So sorry Dan & I will not be there for the party.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home