05 February 2006

How many calories are you actually burning?


Ever wonder how many calories you were burning while participating in certain activities? Find out with the Activity Calorie Calculator. By entering your weight and the duration of participation, it will show you how many calories you burn.

According to this calculator, I burn 177 calories for each hour of pool I play. Apparently, that’s equivalent to stretching (mild, hatha yoga), a 30 minute walk, playing catch football or baseball, watering plants by hand (as opposed to???), applying seed or fertilizer to the garden, cleaning (light dusting, straightening up, taking out the trash, etc.), repairing shoes (really???), or operating heavy equipment (Wow!). Interesting… I’ll have to try out some of those other activities for an hour the next time I can’t make it to a pool table.

I also learned I could burn more calories welding (212), doing electrical work (248), or arresting someone (283).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home