29 June 2006

New Dryer

Today, I am very excited about my new dryer. (I don't actually keep it outside like that. That's just where the seller took the picture from.)

As many of you may have known, my old dryer never really worked 100% when I got it. I bought it used with the matching washer, a 3-piece couch set w/ matching gawdy horse painting(which I no longer own), a coffee table, and an end table all for $650 when I moved into the house in '99. The timer never worked on the dryer and it only worked on super-high heat, so as long as you didn't need to dry any delicates or leave the house, it worked great.

Well, 7 years later, I think it's finally time for a new dryer. (It's probably time for a lot of new stuff, but let's start with the dryer) I found it on Craig's List for $100 and I was very excited when I first laid eyes on it. They said the matching washer went out so they just bought a new set and still had the washer leftover. I just priced dryers with my mom at the Sears Outlet Store and anything digital like I wanted under $600 was either gas or very, very small.

Anyway, my dad came over tonight with a pick-up truck and we went to get it. YAY!!! I just want to do laundry ALL THE TIME NOW!

It has so many different modes and functions. It's very simple to use too. You just push the "jeans" button or "towels" or something like that and it automatically knows how much moisture is on your clothes & what the heat temp should be. My favorite part is the timer. There's 2 tones to choose from. The wrinkle-free mode is pretty exciting too!

I'm sure all these features are now very standard on all dryers, but I have been using a bottom-of-the-line, came-with-the-house dryer with practically just an on/off button for seven years. I was so primitive before I met this dryer. It's very exciting!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home