04 July 2006

Blogging from Vail

Happy Fourth of July!!!


I always dread getting online in Vail since we have dial-up here. However, since I had the time on my hands, I figured I might as well just do it!

Well, first off, I am happy to write that I was completely wrong about not getting to see Tom T., Jeremy, Dan & Chaddie. It has been a very exciting long-weekend full of so many wonderful suprise visits from all my friends.

Sat-Sun, Julie & Bonnie came for the night. We grilled Saturday night and then went to this somewhat new bar in Avon where Chisolm and Bonnie played Golden Tee all night and Julie and I monopolized the pool tables all night. It's funny. People up here don't really appreciate being beat by girls as much as in Denver. No one wanted to play more than two games when we beat them. We couldn't even pay them to play with us. We offered quarters to this guy after I b&r on him and then Julie almost b&r on him but her conscience got the best of her with one ball left. He said "No way. I won't be playing with you guys anymore." In Denver, most people will usually keep challenging us just to try to beat us. Oh well... I'm not complaining.

On Sunday afternoon, I followed J&B to the Silverthorne Outlet Stores. First stop, Gap. I bought things from three different stores before I finally got something for myself. I was on a mission to find some long, cargo shorts for myself. At our last stop, I finally found them in the boys' department of Ralph Lauren for only $14.95. What a steal!

Anyway, I knew that Juan & Tom T. were headed to Aspen so I called them on our way to the outlet stores. As it turned out, they were at the outlet stores while we were. We decided to stop at the Dillon Dam Brewery for lunch. It was really exciting for me to be able to spent time with all my friends together, especially since I didn't think I was going to get to see Tom T. at all.

Later that night, Chisolm and I went to see Superman Returns. Though I really wasn't looking forward to seeing it, I found it much more enjoyable than I was expecting. It was astonishing what a great Superman Brandon Routh made. His chisled features and perfect build (for this role) made him the absolute right choice for this role. I was really concerned at first because I didn't want to remember anyone but Christopher Reeve as Superman. Well, the movie didn't change any of that. In fact, it was a nice tribute. However, at the end of the movie, there was a dedication to the Reeve family. It didn't appear until after the credits had rolled for a while. What a shame. Most people had left already. They should've put it immediately after the movie ended.

Yesterday was a super fun day! Chaddie & Dan brought Hatty & Jeremy with them to come have lunch with me. We headed over to Vail Village where I got us a bit lost and finally had lunch at Vendetta's Italian Restaurant. We had fun people-watching and staying dry while it rained and stopped and rained and stopped and rained some more. Then, we stopped into a few gift shops and did the touristy thing (which is a treat for me because I never really got to do that since Chisolm always lived here). We had a lot of beer and alcohol left over from when J&B were here so I tried to pawn it off on them before they left but all they had were a bottle of water and a Bud Light. As it started raining again, they took off.

Not long after they left, the doorbell rang and Tom & Nissy arrived. We really had a lot of fun goofin' around last night. This was Chisolm's and my first year missing the Avon Fireworks and the Vail Parade, but we still had a nice time. I can't believe how rainy and poopy the weather's been since we got here on Saturday. It's nice at the moment, as I type, but it makes me not want to leave the house.

I won't give away too much, but there was a lot of mischief with T&N, including pool playing, some hiding under the pool table, stashing of a big snake (the kind that pops out of the tin jar of nuts/mints), dough-popping, Vegas-chasing, warm/soggy creme brulee, and best of all, the highlight of the evening... "The Reaction" (you just have to try it for yourself to truly appreciate it)

Anyway, I think that's it for visitors for us this weekend. Unlike it usually is up here, it's been very eventful. I am looking forward to getting back tomorrow though because our new mattress is arriving Thursday. Also, I bought some of my favorite Estee Lauder Lip Gloss from ebay. I've been to a few E.L. counters but it's been discontinued. I'm very upset about it. Oh well! Hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get back. That's it for now!

Hope you're all enjoying a fun & safe Independence Day!

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM , Blogger Chad said...

It was so great to see you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home