25 August 2006

Big B'log Sale

A few days ago, my friend Kendra called and said, "Can I ask you a favor? I'm totally prepared for you to say 'no' but can we have a garage sale at your house? I don't really have a through street at my house." To which I responded, "Of course!"So, over the next week and a half, we gathered all our less-desirable items and piled them in my garage. Wednesday and Thurday nights were spent organizing and pricing for our grand opening this morning.

So, I have to admit, this popped my garage sale cherry. I had no idea it was so much work to have a sale! Oh! And, guess what else?! As I was hanging signs through the neighborhood at about 1o'clock this morning, I noticed a giant banner on the main street that read "Annual Neighborhood Sale, Fri-Sat" WOW! How perfect?!!

Anyway, we weren't planning to start until 10o'clock until Kendra's mom reminded us that people would probably be beatin' down the doors by 8a.m. So, believe it or not, I was up (barely) and doors were open by 7:45. And, also believe it or not, people were actually here, shopping! Maniacs!

We had a pretty busy day. Both our moms came by to lend a helping hand and at one point only, there were probably about 15 people in the garage. It was standing room only. It went well, I'd say.
Even Vegas had a good time...
Afterwards, he played some tug-o-war with Kendra.

Oops...

We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I'm pooped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home