24 September 2007

The Perfect Complete Day

Mike and I made our way back from Minneapolis on Wednesday and haven't stopped working for one day.

Yesterday was, in just about every possible way, the most perfect day I could put together.

It started pretty early with a 9:30a.m. meeting that Mike brought me to.

Afterwards, we met Didi, from camp, at the Denver Rescue Mission to serve lunch to the homeless. It was such an amazing experience. In my years of volunteers work, I have been involved with some pretty elaborate but completely chaotic projects and I have also been involved with some extremely systematic, highly organized projects as well. Obviously, it's much more fun to be a part of the latter.

My experience yesterday at the rescue mission definitely fell in that category. There was a place for everything and everything in its place. There were systems, rules and procedures and I was happy to abide by them. Mike and I had an amazing time with a humbling experience and I can't wait to go back next week. We even got to take a complete tour of the facility before we left.

Afterwards, we stopped by the mall in search for some tournament shirts for me to get Mike's Billiard Coach logo put on. That part was unsuccessful but we did have a couple of really great pretzels while we were there.

I asked Mike to take these photos for me at the mall of the crowds surrounding the public television watching the Broncos game. That's just funny to me.


Our next stop was to Shakespeares. Mike and I played some 3-cushion before heading to dinner at Le Central with our out-of-town friends from Montana. The food and the company was unbeatable! Mike and I left with sore cheeks from laughing so hard and a full belly of a French smörgåsbord of baked brie, escargot, duckling, mussels, and so much more.

Overall, our jam-packed day could not have gone any better.

Looking forward to the many more to come...

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM , Blogger Robert Johnson said...

Not doing the US Amateur Championship this year? (I am not.) Preliminaries were this weekend. Or did you qualify earlier somehow for the main event?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home