02 November 2007

“Checked in online – Carry on only”

I realized yesterday that I’ll never again be able to use the short, quick “Carry on Only” lines at the airport as I can’t imagine I’ll be going on any trips without my pool cues, at least not anytime that I know of.

I’m currently writing from Atlanta, GA where I’m in town competing in the US Amateur Championships.

I have actually become quite familiar with, and pretty fond of the MSP Airport. It’s sort of like that second favorite sweater that isn’t your favorite, but you’ve come to love it just the same.

As Mike always reminds me of when he drops me off, turn left and look for the yellow flag. The yellow flag is where I check my bags in when I’ve already checked in online (when Mike’s checked me in, rather).

From there, check in is usually a breeze and the security lines are never usually too long. Most people are Minnesota Nice and with as much air traveling as I’ve done in the past twelve months, I have my shoes off and my laptop out by the time I reach the security bins.

Amongst my carry on observation, I also made a few others whilst at the MSP International Airport

Here are a few of my personal favorites, unlike DIA where there’s food in the center when you get off the tram and maybe a gift shop, chocolate shop, or pretzel joint half way down the corridor to your gate, MSP has the widest selection of food choices I’ve ever seen! On my concourse alone, there were 17 places that offered food/drinks. That’s unheard of!

My MOST favorite thing about MSP is that even though it’s easy to find a Starbucks or other local coffee shop, at most gates, you can always put $1.25 in the vending machine and buy a pretty decent cup of hot chocolate or other froufrou coffee drink. They don’t come in those great poker hand coffee cups though, like the kind I used to get at the library vending machine when I was in high school. (I would get the chicken soup there!) They’d show you your poker hand and you could replace one card with the card shown on the bottom of the cup. They were great! I think 9 out of 10 were winners to keep you coming back. Marketing geniuii! You do get more drink this way though.

Well, wish me luck this weekend. I’ll be back soon!

1 Comments:

At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wished you luck as soon as I saw your post on Friday! 9-16 AIN'T BAD, girl. Taking out your 1st two opponents and knowing that your 1st loss came at the hands of the eventual champion should leave you feeling really great! You and Mike make it a Great Week, OK?
P.S. I'll try to keep my hat size the same after reading about you and Mike's Cheese Adventures...apparently I was visitor #1...yay! BTW, while I USED TO BE an official cheese 'rookie', my in-laws and adopted Wisconsonite families here have schooled me in the ways of all things that are cheese. We'll have to talk about this further...L8R! - Kyril

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home