17 December 2007

On cooking

One thing I've discovered in my "new" relationship is that I can cook! Yeah! As it turns out, I'm quite the creative cook (if I may be so bold). I had no idea. All those years of heating up frozen dinners and making spaghetti and meat sauce really didn't showcase my culinary abilities at all. In fact, I quite enjoy it! And as a bonus we even eat healthier.

Last night, I prepared myself a decadent little salad with freshly chopped lettuce, peeled/diced pear, sliced beets, Gorgonzola chunks, corned beef (for the protein), and a fresh vinaigrette that I whipped together. Cooking is so much fun! Who knew?!??

Nissy's coming over tomorrow night for a bake-fest. I can't wait! Then, next Sunday, xmas eve eve, I've invited my friend Bob, Robert, and Michael over for a lonely-pool-player's-xmas-supper. Hope it turns out okay.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"a decedent little salad"

Oh, my the difference one little vowel can make:

"decedent" - "a deceased person"
"decadent" - "characterized by great refinement or subtlety of style"

Here's hoping you served the latter. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home