01 December 2007

December already?!???

WOW! I truly can not believe my calendar when I see that it's December today. Good grief, Charlie Brown!

Well, it's definitely been an eventful year. That's no lie. It almost feels like it's been about seven years all in this one.

Yesterday was a nice day, nearly perfect minus that hour and half wasted on my splitting headache. It started off with a visit to my chiropractor where he released some WELL needed tension from my lower back (all those accumulated uncomfortable plane rides).

Next, I stopped by the K-Mart in the ghetto, across the street from my old high school. I don't think I'd been in there since I was in high school. I wouldn't have gone either except it was pretty desperate measures. Fortunately, the visit was a success.

You see, for the last month I've been on a mission to find, in my opinion, the perfect hanger. They just don't make tubular hangers like they used to. I CAN'T STAND wire hangers, the wooden ones take up way too much room, the plastic ones that come with the clothes are worse than the wire ones, and I would just use all the other plastic kind if I could get them in bulk at a reasonable price but they can tend to take up too much room too. Most tubular hangers these days don't have the extra support on the sides and will tend to start sagging in the middle after time. Trust me, professional clothes-whore, that's annoying!

As the story goes, I've been to two different Targets in Minneapolis, a couple dollar stores, Lowes, Home Depot, a Target in Aurora, even a Wal-Mart (sorry, Mike), before looking online and still coming up dry. I like to think I'm pretty resourceful, but come on! This was insanity!

So, after hours and hours of research and disappointment, the K-M was my last resort and I'm just glad they had them. I got 250 hangers for 35 bucks!

Unfortunately, the next couple hours was wasted on the couch nursing my pounding head-ball.

After a brief nap, my mom came over and we went SHOPPING!!! I've been so good about not getting any clothes for myself for so long (minus some BC attire courtesy of BC.com). Anyway, shopping with mom is like Christmas anyway, but doubly so, we did some bargain shopping at the mall and I ended up with two long-sleeve button-downs, two pairs of black tournament pants, and a nice blazer all for less than I paid for 250 clothes hangers. Good thing I got some extra hangers... heehee...

After the hard day of bargain shopping with my mom, I came home to a very productive evening of reorganizing the garage (especially now that my friend Robert returned my CR-V, I had to make sure it could still fit in there with the extra chair I've accumulated), sorting through xmas stuff, and decorating the mantle a little bit.

Speaking of which... I'm really looking forward to creating some new, special holiday memories this year. I initially feared I might feel some bitter-sweet emotions about Christmas this year, especially since it's already such a naturally stressful time of the year anyway, but I'm really looking forward to it. I think it's gonna be just right.

4 Comments:

At 10:15 AM , Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

i HATE wire coat hangars, HATE, HATE, HATE 'em!

and cardboard boxes! HATE 'em!!

but, seriously, TWO HUNDRED FIFTY coat hangars? you have that many items of clothing to hang on them? how is that possible?

i need photographic evidence!

 
At 10:42 PM , Blogger Kyril said...

Samm - I'm with Fast Mikie on this one (hey-ya, Mike!).

But u know, plastic's better than metal and wood is better than plastic...but yeah, the wood takes up a LOT of space...

Plus, I grew up in Cleveland and couldn't get clothes in 1980 for what u get them at Goodwill 2 day.

What gives, chick? Two button-downs, two tournament pants and a blazer for UNDER $35.00!?!?!?! Back in 'the day' that mighta been possbile, but u got a ridiculous good deal here chick. I'm jealous.

P.S. Hey Fast Mikie - She's got over 100 pairs of shoes - remember?

P.P.S. Samm - I hope u let poor Mike F. know what he's in for here...poor guy... ;) Poor in such a GREAT way... Samm, Mike F. and Mikie...Make every day a great one! - Your dork commenter forever, - Kyril

 
At 2:00 AM , Blogger Samm said...

"HANGARS"?!??? Fast Mikie is a pilot for sure! HAHA!!!

BTW - Mike F. (not to be confused with F. Mikie) has as much clothes as I do, if not more. ;)

FM & KP are my favorites for reading these ramblings & commenting on it.

Sincerely,
Queen of 75% (or more) off

 
At 2:01 AM , Blogger Samm said...

as "many"... oops...
~ ESL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home