23 April 2008

A day in the life...

I can tell I've finally regained my appetite tonight after my brief bout with some unfresh produce from Carrabba's on Saturday night in Houston.

In an effort to not return home to a completely desolate kitchen, I stopped by the grocery store this evening to stock up on my usual favs: cheeses, my favorite tortillas, some lunch meat, pears (my recent fruit of choice), clementines (not sure if they're still in season but they were so cute), crackers, cereal, milk, eggs, and yogurt. Oh! And I splurged on some surprisingly yummy cookies, too! (OMG! If they're really low-fat can I just eat the entire box???)

SkyRide dropped me off at my car around 2pm. It took about five minutes to find my car, a few chugs to remember how to drive it, and a couple laps around the parking lot to remember how to escape the park-n-ride.

I am happy to be home. Two weeks doesn't sound like THAT long, but it's amazing how quickly we get used to things. It's really nice to see Vegas again and I'm happy to be seeing Dr. John tomorrow. I need it!

I was extremely happy to see my beautiful flowers had bloomed.
Not so happy about the mailbox vandalism while I was gone, however.
I have 10 full days of my space before hitting the road again. 3 1/2 weeks at the Riviera in Vegas makes the two weeks at Mike's in Minneapolis sound like a drive around the block!

I'm not complaining though. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

re: the mailbox vandalism... may it have been the "unremarkable" blonde, leaving a mark?

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger Samm said...

That was "unimpressive" and I would never suspect such a thing, especially since about 40 mailboxes in the neighborhood got hit. I can't believe they didn't get caught!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home