13 December 2008

The "Secret Millionaire" - Is this for real???

Since I now only have one working channel on my TV (ever since my cable went out months ago and I never turned it back on since I'm hardly home to watch it anyway), I will occasional log onto Hulu to catch an episode of Family Guy or American Dad, or a movie here and there (some better than others).

A couple weeks ago, I stumbled across the Secret Millionaire. I'm not really sure what to think of it. The first episode sucked but the second one was a little better. It just seemed so staged. I had a hard time believing it was truly a reality show.

The premise: A filthy, stinkin' rich millionaire leaves his home for a week and lives on welfare/minimum wage/etc (usually bringing a family member along). They get a taste of living life as a poverty-stricken American and at the end of the week "must" donate $100,000+ to at least one of the inspiring individuals they met. Most give more.

I like the concept but only if it's for real.

Here are the first few episodes:



3 Comments:

At 6:15 PM , Blogger Alvina Yeh said...

OK i want to like the show but it's a fox reality show and those always seem a bit contrived to me.

What do they tell the folks about the camera crew following them around all week long? Does it really change their lives and their extravagant spending habits?

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger Samm said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger Samm said...

Truly random acts of kindness do not require a camera crew.

Secret Santa Spreads Cheer $100 at a Time

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home