11 October 2006

Farewell Summer...

The summer is officially, officially over and I am very sad about it. I really enjoyed my summer this year. After our six weeks of pool in Las Vegas, I returned home with a new attitude and appreciation for good food, fun with friends, and lots of whatever the h*ck I felt like doing!

Farewell to the following summer activities I kept up this year…
• Driving with the top down
• Tennis with Kendra
• Tennis with Chisolm
• Take Vegas to the park in the middle of the night with Jo-Lin
• Golfing with Kendra (though only once, we had intentions of going more regularly)
• Actually wearing shorts
• Gardening
• Being more active
• Walks with Vegas
• Walks with friends
• Walks.

And, since our furnace has been out of commission (but being replaced as I type by Kevin’s friend, Wendell’s friend, Mr. sweet, old, grunting guy), my wool socks, free Sports Illustrated fleece, and I have definitely been feeling the effects of the end of the summer.

Also, as the fall rolls around, I officially re-immerse myself into pool and my pool playing “life.” Goodbye sunshine. Hello florescent lighting.

Though I will miss the warm summer months, I look forward to an even more successful pool season this year.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM , Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

"I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine, so I spend almost all daylight hours in the open air." Nathaniel Hawthorne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home