15 September 2006

Long Day...

My day began at 11:30 this morning. I just realized that as I opened this new posting.

There was a retirement party for Jim, a former co-worker of mine (who's like a mentor to Hikle). Cake was at 1:30. Hikle and I had lunch around noon before then. It was really touching. I brought him a card and a copy of my book. Hikle told me later that Jim was choked up that I came and gave him a copy of my book. Jim’s so awesome! I hope he does a whole bunch of nothing!

After that was over, I met my mom at my house. We had all these errands to run but didn’t end up doing anything but waiting for an hour for new spark plugs for her car. That sucked but at least its okay now.

At 6 o’clock I had to be at the studio to get fitted for the outfits I’m wearing next week for the photo shoot. My shoot is on Friday. I’m so excited! The outfits are super cute too! It’s amazing what people can knit and crochet these days.

That went pretty quickly. When that was finished, my mom dropped me off at Steaks where Chisolm was playing in the ping pong tournament. I sweated all his matches and hung out for while. He lost the match for the driver’s seat and came back to double-dip the guy. It was like Forrest Gump. It was pretty awesome!

On a side note, Megan called me to see if I had plans for tomorrow night. Apparently, Helena Thornfeldt and Monica Webb are in town. The three of them are doing a workshop at Paradise Billiards on Saturday. Well, also apparently, they’re having an invitation-only tournament with the three of them, Melissa Little, Laura Smith, and three of “Denver’s pool stars” (as advertised - Deb Winter, Jackie Broadhurst, and my own teammate, Bonnie Plowman). As it turns out, Jackie can’t make it tomorrow so Megan called to see if I could fill in.

Well, that’s a no-brainer!

I did, however, have a lesson that I needed to reschedule but my student was very understanding and plans to stop by to watch the tournament.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM , Blogger Chad said...

the link to MU's blog is not working :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home