14 September 2006

1 Article, 9 Holes, 12 Books, and a Venus Fly Trap Later...

Today, I played 9 holes of golf on a par 3 course with Kendra. I finally got to break in those saddleback golf cleats I bought on sale for $19.95 seven years ago. We had so much fun! She was very encouraging too. We played on our high school golf team together back in the day but weren’t good enough to play with the boys. “It’ll all come back to you,” she said. And it did! I had a 30-foot put that missed the hole by about a foot. It was so awesome!

While we were hanging out, she said, “My mom read that article you wrote in the Denver Post.” What?!? Well, here’s what happened… On August 20th, I had submitted an article to YourHub.com. Coincidentally, I submitted the article while I was posting the ad for our garage sale three weeks ago. There was a banner that read, “Do you have an engagement story to share?” So, I thought, “What the heck?!”

So, apparently, Kendra’s mom saw the article while they were on the phone together and clipped it to give to her to give to me. The photo is the actual scanned copy of the clipping. I had no idea it had gotten published, especially not in the paper! That’s crazy!

Tomorrow, I’m stopping by Hikle’s office for some going-away cake for our friend Jim that’s retiring. I went to Wal-Mart around midnight tonight with my mom to pick up a retirement card and some jack-o-lantern lawn bags. While in the gardening department, I saw some Venus Fly Traps for sale. They were so cute I couldn’t resist! I’ll keep you posted on their diets.

Oh, and when I got home, I had to sign a dozen books for PoolTees.com. They have a MySpace.com page where they give away a free t-shirt once a month and I offered to send him some books to include in his giveaways.

Well, I gotta get up early tomorrow so I’d better get to bed.

1 Comments:

At 12:45 PM , Blogger Michael McCafferty said...

Excellent engagement story!

Heck, you almost got me teary-eyed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home