17 December 2008

Twelve Days of Sweaters - Day 11

One more final day to go tomorrow. Today's sweater was an uneventful light blue hooded sweater for a most eventful day.

Since it was slightly slower today than yesterday, I was able to continue my quest to build the highest structurally unsound towering sound barrier between Mike's and my desk. I think I could quit after today.

Mike, of course, was all nervous that "it's not secure and the entire thing is going to come down on my desk," but it sure didn't , well not until Jaime from the shipping department came and knocked it onto his desk.

I left 15 minutes early tonight (only to get home 15 minutes later than usual, go figure) so I could head downtown for the Neil Diamond concert at the Pepsi Center. It was quite an extravagant display considering Neil's gotta be at least 160 years old by now.
It was entertaining. And, I'm sure any of the 60 year old Jewish women in the audience would not hesitate to tell you what a great time they had. Seriously though, I don't think I want to hear the song "Sweet Caroline" again for a very long time.

I do have to admit that after all these years of singing that song every single night in every single city, he managed to show plenty of enthusiasm and sound as thought it was his first time singing it. I don't think I would be able to do it.

Highlights of the evening:

Disappointments of the evening:
  • Too late for Dippin' Dots
  • Neil encored with "America" but then sang another odd and less popular song afterwards (spoiled my afterglow)
  • Horrible accoustics and over proccessed audio. I couldn't understand anything.
  • Didn't bring my glasses, so I also couldn't see anything.

Most amusing:
  • The five drunk guys in the row in front of us singing only the choruses to the five songs they knew but dancing and waving their arms to all of them.
  • Neil's dance moves
  • All the glitter and wigs

Overall, it wasn't the worst concert I'd ever been to (both were complimentary to me coincidentally). No, I had fun. I always can. I just didn't know as many songs as I thought I might and many of them were very, very slow and lullfull (if you know what I mean).

Quick Vegas update:
Today's chemo treatment went well. We're now working with the oncologist and he's currently in remission. YAY! His next chemo treatment is not for another two weeks. He's slightly lethargic tonight but I believe he'll pick up this weekend. It will be tough for me to leave him for a couple weeks, but I feel better knowing he's in remission now.

2 Comments:

At 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to read that V-Dog is in remission. Who is he going to stay with when you are gone?? Let me Guess?? Nevermind!! I would love to take him, but I am going to finally have this baby any day now! The doctor thinks next week! THANK GOODNESS!! Give Vegas a hug and kiss for me! Love ya Jamm!

 
At 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news on the dawg!

And by the way, "If You Know What I Mean" is an actual title to an actual Neil Diamond song, from an album that gave him some rock-ish cred in that it was produced by Robbie Robertson of The Band, kind of like the cred he's getting now for working with Rick Rubin.

And that rounds out the Neil Diamond Potpourri Double Jeopardy category for the day...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home